Carrot Cake Muffins with Coconut Oil and Nutmeg
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 16 servings
This wholesome carrot cake muffin recipe is crafted with white whole wheat flour, freshly grated carrots, almond milk, coconut oil and a spice blend featuring Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg. Grab one for a quick breakfast or snack.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup grated carrots, squeezed and packed
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, large (separated)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, partially melted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In muffin tins, line 16 muffin cups with liners and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pecans, raisins, spices and sea salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together egg yolks, yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup and almond milk.
5. Slowly mix wet mixture into dry ingredients. Add coconut oil and mix again. Set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a hand mixer until peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
7. Fill lined muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
8. Bake on middle oven rack for 19 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool muffins for at least 30 minutes before adding icing.
10. Mix together powdered sugar and water. Drizzle icing over muffins and top with chopped pecans.