Cardamom Orange Old Fashioned
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
Organic cardamom and orange peel bring unique flavor to this simple old fashioned recipe.
For the Old Fashioned
1. In each glass (this recipe makes 2 drinks), combine the 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey, 2 to 3 dashes of bitters and 2 teaspoons syrup.
2. Add orange peel to each glass. Using a muddler, crush the orange peel into the drink to release the orange flavor.
3. Add cinnamon stick, then let the drink rest for a few minutes.
For the Simple Syrup
1. In a small pot, bring the water, sugar and cardamom to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.