Cardamom Moscow Mule
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
The classic Moscow Mule is forever improved by this easy summer upgrade featuring homemade cardamom simple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cardamom
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic white sugar
- 2 ounces vodka (potato vodka if GMOs are a concern)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 bottles ginger beer
For the syrup
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, whisk in the sugar and cardamom until dissolved.
2. Once the sugar is fully dissolved, remove the syrup from the heat. Allow the syrup to fully cool before use. This syrup may be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge.
3. Optional for smoother syrup Once cool, strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve to remove any grit from the cardamom.
To make the drink
1 Fill a copper mug halfway full with crushed ice.
2. Add the vodka, 1/2 cup cooled simple cardamom syrup and lime juice. Stir.
3. Top the Mule with ginger beer.
4. Garnish with mint leaves and a lime wedge.
Use 1⁄2 teaspoon of cardamom for a milder cardamom taste.Some vodkas are made from corn. Use a potato-based vodka if GMOs are a concern.