Cajun Shrimp with Dirty Rice
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
Hot and spicy Cajun shrimp is steamed in parchment accompanied by onion, okra and bell pepper. When this dish meets downright "dirty" spiced rice, their union will make your taste buds dance.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash the shrimp and pat dry.
3. In a large bowl, squeeze the lime juice over the shrimp and vegetables, then sprinkle 1 seasoning package over the mixture, tossing to coat.
4. Place the shrimp and vegetables in 1 parchment bag, and fold the open edge to seal the bag.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. While the shrimp and vegetables cook, in a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of water (or broth) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a boil.
7. Add the brown rice.
8. Place the lid on the pan and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the rice, covered, for 20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
9. Add the package of jambalaya seasoning to the rice, stirring to coat evenly.
10. Remove the shrimp and vegetables from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before opening.
11. Serve the Cajun shrimp and vegetables over the dirty rice.