Butternut Squash Soup Shooters
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Butternut squash soup turns shooter in this recipe featuring organic squash and curry powder.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Curry Powder
- Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 3-pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or a water and broth combo, if desired)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- cooked chickpeas, for garnish
1. In a large stock pot, over medium heat, melt the butter or heat the oil. Add the onion and celery. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the vegetables “sweat.”
2. Stirring frequently, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the butternut squash, salt and curry powder. Stir.
3. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the butternut cubes are soft when pierced with a fork.
4. Into the soup, stir coconut milk, then remove the soup from the heat.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
6. Serve in shot glasses with a garnish of cilantro, chickpeas and red pepper flakes.