Breakfast Tacos with Refried Black Beans
- Makes: 4 servings
Breakfast tacos are a cinch with this Texan-developed recipe that’s easy to vegetarianize. Set up as a taco bar, allowing everyone to assemble their creations as per their tastes and tendencies. For more recipes featuring Southwestern inspirations with an Austin flare, visit Gouramanda.com.
- 0.25 teaspoons Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1.8 teaspoons Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 0.25 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Paprika
- 0.25 teaspoons Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 0.24 teaspoons Simply Organic All-Seasons Salt
- 0.25 teaspoons Simply Organic Chipotle Pepper
- 8 tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 dash of Worcestershire
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, sautéed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 cup favorite salsa (or a variety of salsas)
- 2 cups refried black beans, recipe to follow
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans organic black beans, drained and rinsed
For the Breakfast Tacos
1. Prep the breakfast taco “bar” ingredients. For best results and easy clean-up, cook bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet in a 380 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk with salt, pepper, paprika and dash of Worcestershire.
3.Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat and cook the eggs, scrambling as you cook, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
For the Refried Black Beans
1. Pour olive oil in a medium saucepan and heat to medium. 2. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add black beans, cumin, salt, and chipotle pepper and stir for about 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and simmer, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender (taking extra care to secure the lid with a dish towel) and puree until smooth.
4. Return to the saucepan and stir, about 2 more minutes. Pour into a bowl to self-serve.