Blackberry Bramble Cocktail with Ginger
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
Simple to make, this gin-based bramble cocktail features ground ginger, muddled blackberries, crème de mure, lemon juice and an agave simple syrup.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce hot water
- 1/2 cup blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 ounces crème de mure (blackberry liquor)
- 3 ounces dry gin
- Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together agave nectar and hot water until the agave dissolves. Set aside to cool.
2. In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries until they are broken and juicy.
3. Add agave simply syrup, ginger, lemon juice, crème de mure and gin to the shaker and shake well.
4. Strain the cocktail to remove blackberry seeds, then divide evenly between 2 glasses filled with ice.
5. Garnish with mint sprigs and fresh blackberries.
If you’re a big ginger fan, consider adding an additional 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger for an extra spicy kick.