Baked Salmon with Rosemary Root Vegetables
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Baked salmon and root vegetables with organic rosemary and thyme come together in this simple, clean recipe.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole 1.23 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Thyme Leaf 0.78 oz.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 parsnips, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound salmon, sliced into 4 filets
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan (lined with parchment paper if desired for easy cleanup), toss carrots, parsnips and sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until sweet potatoes begin to soften.
2. While the vegetables bake, in a shallow baking dish, whisk together orange juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining tablespoon rosemary and thyme.
3. Place salmon fillets flesh-side-down in marinade. Allow to rest until vegetables are finished baking.
4. Remove vegetables from oven and push to the side of the pan, then add salmon, flesh-side-up, to the pan.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, until flaky.