Baked Apple with Cinnamon Goat Cheese
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 1 servings
A tart, creamy baked apple stuffed with goat cheese, raisins and walnuts, and slightly sweetened with a cinnamon sugar trio blend.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a paring knife or an apple corer, carefully core the apple, leaving at least 1 1/2 inches of apple intact on the bottom. Cut around the top of the apple, so the hole is wider at the top of the apple.
3. In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, raisins and cinnamon sugar trio. Fill the cavity of the apple with the goat cheese mixture, pushing it down just far enough so the mixture sits right at the top.
4. In a small dish or ramekin (one that is deep enough so it props up the apple so it doesn’t collapse), place the apple and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until goat cheese is starting to melt and apple is getting soft.
5. Top with walnuts and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar trio and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes, until apple is just about to collapse and walnuts are toasted, being careful not to over-bake. Let cool 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
To increase sweetness, substitute mascarpone goat cheese for the chèvre.