Bacon Cornbread Stuffing with Black Peppercorns
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 9 servings
Redress your typical dressing with bacon cornbread stuffing featuring a kick of organic black peppercorns and chili powder, fragrant cumin and savory garlic.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Whole Black Peppercorns
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 10 cups cubed plain cornbread, lightly toasted
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, red pepper, celery, peppercorns, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, toss vegetable mixture with cornbread, bacon and parsley until combined. Stir in eggs until combined. Stir in broth gradually. Transfer to prepared pan. Cover with foil.
4. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set in the center and golden on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.