Apple Brie Bruschetta
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Caramelized apples, fresh brie and Ceylon cinnamon come together in this savory-sweet organic apple brie bruschetta recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- Simply Organic Thyme Leaf
- 1 baguette, cut into 1-inch slices (about 16 slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 8-ounce wedge brie cheese, cut into same number of slices as baguette (rind removed, if desired)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 medium-large apples, cut into same number of slices as baguette (leave skins on)
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- honey, for garnsh
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1. In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat. Bring the vinegar to a lively simmer, then reduce to a slight simmer.
2. Simmer the vinegar for about 10 minutes, until reduced in half.
3. Set away from heat.
FOR THE BREAD
1. Turn the broiler on low.
2. On a cookie sheet, spread the baguette slices and brush each slice with olive oil. Place the baguette under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp.
3. Remove from underneath broiler and place brie slices on the warm bread.
FOR THE CARAMELIZED APPLES
1. While the bread crisps, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Once melted, add the apples.
3. Stirring frequently, sauté for 7 to 9 minutes, until soft.
4. Over the apples, sprinkle sugar, gently folding it into the apples for about 3 minutes, until caramelized. Remove from heat.
1. On top of each brie slice, place an apple slice.
2. Top with thyme, balsamic reduction and honey. Serve warm.