Almond Glazed Snickerdoodle Bread
- Total Time: 1 hours 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Re-imagine the classic cookie with this organic almond glazed snickerdoodle bread recipe featuring organic cinnamon and almond extract.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Almond Extract
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons organic white sugar
- 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
FOR THE BREAD BATTER
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat until well whipped.
3. With the mixer running, add eggs one at a time.
4. Add yogurt and vanilla. Beat all ingredients, scraping the bowl if needed.
5. Add flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and stir just until combined.
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR LAYERS
1. Into a greased 9-inch bread pan, pour half the batter.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and the remaining cinnamon.
3. Over the batter in the pan, sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
4. Over the cinnamon sugar layer, pour the other half of the batter.
5. Top with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture and slivered almonds.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
FOR THE ALMOND GLAZE
1. While the bread bakes, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and almond extract. Stir until well mixed.
2. After baking, let the bread sit for 5 minutes, then pour the glaze over the top.
3. Allow to rest until cooled. Remove from pan and slice.