Almond Cacao No-Bake Energy Balls
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 18 to 20 servings
These no-bake energy balls come together so quickly and pack a good bit of protein thanks to the almond butter. They’re warmly spiced, sweetened with honey and have a great crunchy bite from the seeds and cacao nibs.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon 2.08 oz.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more to form balls
- 1 3/4 cups raw old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine almond butter, honey and coconut oil. Heat until melted together and stir until well combined.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cacao nibs, cinnamon and salt. Fold in warm almond butter mixture and, working quickly using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, stir to combine.
3. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and spread a little coconut oil on your hands to help handle the sticky dough. Spoon roughly 2 tablespoons of the mixture into well-oiled hands, form into a ball and place on prepared pan. Repeat until all balls are formed.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until firm. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.