Adobo Grilled Asparagus
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Grilled asparagus elevated with organic adobo seasoning and paprika.
1. In a dry 8-inch skillet, toast the almonds, stirring often, until fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove and pour the almonds into a small bowl and set off to the side.
2. In a shallow dish, toss the asparagus with the olive oil, adobo seasoning and paprika.
3. Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375 degrees.
4. Once hot, lay the asparagus perpendicular to your grill grates and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fork tender yet still firm.
5. Serve on a platter topped with toasted almond slivers.