Apply for a Simply Organic 1% Fund Grant
The Simply Organic 1% Fund supports and promotes the growth of organic and sustainable agriculture through the funding of projects that research, develop, teach or promote organic agriculture. If, after reading the information below, you feel you have a project suitable for Simply Organic 1% Fund support, complete and email the application to the address below and we'll review your application and contact you.
The types of projects we support include:
- Research into organic production methods and crop improvement
- Educating farmers on organic growing techniques, certification standards and documentation
- Educating the public on the value of organic agriculture
- Developing projects that help organic farmers increase efficiency and produce better, more valuable products
We evaluate grant requests based on the following criteria:
- How well it meets the goals of the Simply Organic 1% Fund
- Cost versus benefit of the project
- The goals, values, reputation and track record of the organization making the request
- Recommendations from others in the organic community
- Thoroughness and professionalism of application (all requested information provided, typed document, specific monetary request, details on how the money will be used, clear and understandable presentation, etc.)
To apply for a Simply Organic 1% Fund grant, simply download the application, complete it and email it to [email protected]. If you have questions, please contact Customer Care at [email protected] or 800-437-3301.
Note: You are welcome to submit grant requests at any time, but the deadline for consideration each year is October 31. At that time, all grant requests received in the previous 12 months will be reviewed. Applicants will be notified whether their request has been approved or denied by December 31.